Perth and the other areas in Western Australia are abundant in the sunshine. It is only right to utilise the power of the sun to save on energy bills. Solar hot water is generally water that is heated using only the sun’s natural energy.
The method is easy to understand, especially for those who already have a background with solar panels. With solar, thermal collectors, which are large panels, are heated. Energy will be moved through water (or other fluids) into a reservoir tank where it will be stored.
In an average Australian home, water heating is the biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions, with almost 30% of home energy usage. According to the Australian government, homeowners should install a solar-powered hot water system, which can allow from $300 to $700 (or more) savings on power bills every year.
Unfortunately, solar hot water is not affordable. It is why many people use their heaters instead. However, they do not realise the potential savings they can get. It is essential to know how to choose the right solar hot water product to ensure huge savings and efficiency.
How to Choose Your Solar Hot Water System
Heat pumps have been around for a long time, but they are not ideal for residents who do not want to spend a huge amount of money for water heaters. Then, solar hot water systems came along, and they promise to deliver exceptional results without breaking the bank.
A solar hot water system has a series of solar collector panels, as well as a storage tank. Typically, a four-person household would need about four square metres of solar collector, which is equivalent to two panels. A 300 to the 360-litre storage tank is often enough.
A solar hot water system can be mounted on the roof or installed on the ground. While you have several other options to heat water, including gas and electricity, solar is the best way to power up your hot water system. It is the most energy-efficient of all while adding value to your properties. Using solar hot water systems can substantially offset gas emissions and pollution in the country.
The right system can reduce your water heating bill by up to 85%. Another benefit is that water remains hot throughout the day. While these units may be pricey, they come with government incentives that lower the price of solar hot water systems.
To choose the best solar heating system for your water, here are the most important things to consider:
- Find out how much hot water you require. Select a unit that can fulfil the needs of your family. It should be an active system that has a significant collector if you often use hot water. One way to determine how much hot water you expect to produce is to multiply the number of people in your household by 68.13 litres. Typically, a family of four would use about 270+ litres of hot water for bathing, cleaning, cooking, and others.
- Consider your location. Perth is a sunny area, which means that you can generate a tremendous amount for your water heater even if you have a small system.
- Determine your budget. The good news is that solar hot water units do not need to be expensive. They also provide a fast return on investment. You can get estimates first to know how much you need to spend.
EasySolar presents the iSTORE Hot Water System Package that boasts air-to-energy technology. It is designed in Australia for Australians, making it suitable for sunny Perth and other Western Australia locations.
Instead of using inefficient electric units and gas burners that waste your money, iSTORE is the best solution for any household. This product eliminates heat energy from the air, storing it in a vitreous enamel tank that has been approved by Australian standards. The iSTORE will only use 4kW/h energy to heat 270 litres of water. Compared to electric or gas, it is a very small amount. Other units typically need almost 15kW for the same amount of water.
ISTORE is the best and most affordable option that you have today. Our experts at EasySolar trust this product, which is why you are guaranteed that you can never go wrong with it.
This system is so useful that the Australian Government gives out STC incentives, along with the local state government rebates. This way, homeowners will find it even more encouraging to use iSTORE over electric and gas hot water systems.
Easy Solar offers an efficient storage solution that will give you your money’s worth. Introducing the iStore 270L, which is the energy storage you have been searching for. It is useful, reliable, and economical. The iStore 270L is cost-effective and easy to use. It has a built-in timer that will allow you to harness solar power from your PV system. Plus, it can grant you with small-scale technology certificates (STCs). Using this device will give you hot water energy whenever you need it.
- The iStore’s fan will attract air in so it makes its way to the evaporator.
- The liquid refrigerant will be converted into gas using the device’s evaporator.
- The compressor will then apply pressure to the refrigerant so its temperature will rise.
- When hot gas is successfully produced, the condenser coil will heat the water up.
- The refrigerant will go back to being liquid once water is heated. It will then go back to the evaporator to restart the entire procedure.
- It is a cycle that goes on and on to make sure the desired temperature of the device is attained. This product operates through thermal energy that the surrounding air produces.
- The iStore can easily be installed in your home. If you are away, you can set into a different mode, so you do not waste energy. Its excellent design helps maximise thermal energy transfer while consuming only 1,000 W per hour or up to 4,000W per day.
- This device helps reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Finally, iStore is one of the best ways for you to save money on power bills.
A 3.4kW heating capacity for 270L of water
Get in contact with us, we would love to hear from you!